Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Surfs up. a birthday/mothers day adventure

{via}
This past weekend, it was my birthday on Mother's day, so I really got the special treatment. It was lovely. Since it was up to me to choose how I wanted to spend the day, I decided I wanted to go surfing! It was gorgeous in Pacifica, and seriously so much fun. Although, it was really hard! I've been surfing a few times before, but I'm getting old. And i need more practice! On and off the board. I'm talking yoga, push-ups and planks (Oh, my!). I managed to stand up a couple times, but I really want to get better. And stand up longer. I can't wait to go again!


My soon to be brother-in-law and Michael came too. Violet got to hang out on the beach with her auntie (Thanks Lei!).


Ready to hang ten!



Violet can't wait to get out there and catch some waves too! She's a natural.


Since I've had surfing on the brain lately, I came across these oh, so, cool surfboards:


{via}
These are designed by Sibella Court (major girl crush on her), for her partner Ben Harper's surfboard line McTavish.

{via}
And these Surfboards by Farm Rio are pretty fabulous. The blue one is my favorite. I really need to get better at surfing so I could justify buying an awesome surfboard. Oh, and because surfing is fun. Right. Speaking of surfing… Have you seen this movie? I very much enjoyed it.

After surfing, it was time for a night out (read: 2 hours. We're still breastfeeding here.) on the town! What better way that to celebrate with Mexican food at Green Chile Kitchen? If you are in SF, go! This place was delicious. Get the grilled burrito. Yum.



And this little girl… Best mother's day present ever. I love being her mama!


 I love when I have an excuse for V to wear this hat. It kills me! Seriously, the cutest. 

Hope you all had a great weekend and are enjoying the week! 

2 comments:

  1. Happy belated Birthday/Mother's Day! Way to go, going surfing! I've only been once, but would love to do it again!

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback. Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs